VYCERRO is a dynamic research platform of two universities (University of Jan Evangelista Purkyně in Usti nad Labem and University of Economics in Prague), which connects professionals across disciplines and institutions.
The reason for the existence of VYCERRO is to strengthen the tradition of regional research issues and to generate inspiration, concepts and innovative ideas that will significantly contribute to strengthening competitiveness and sustainability of Czech regions. Main VYCERRO goal is to create flexible and excellent platform for effective networking of demands and supplies professional research and development results. In the terms of the Czech Republic is VYCERRO a unique example of interconnection of sites and experts from public universities. Moreover, the concept of the center allows involvement of experts from other institutions and fields of study to address specific research tasks.
The VYCERRO supports collaborative regional, interdisciplinary and multi-institutional approaches to problem solving and development.
VYCERRO core competencies include:
1. Innovative Potential and Competitiveness of Regions
2. Development Scenarios
3. Regional Analysis and Planning
4. Population, Human Resources and Labor Market
5. Economic Development Planning
6. Spatial Planning, Transport, Environment and Landscape Ecology
7. GIS, Cartography and Spatial Techniques and Analysis